IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Visit

To the OFG went very well.

A cheerful greeting and catch up followed. BabyG was very well looked after by her assistant.

While I was waiting a man who clearly had many problems (both physical and mental), had just finished his treatment. As he was paying and talking to the OFG assitant I noticed he was only paying a third of the usual fee. Ahh I thought, the OFG does a reduced rate for those in serious need of help.

OFG is a chiro*practor and osteo*path as well as a kinesi*ologist.

After some tapping and counting on my raised left arm, OFG pronouced that 'yes I'm getting that you will have another baby'.

'Lord don't toy with me' I thought.

'Well actually, you always said that I'd have more than one before' I remembered.

More tapping all over, tongue to the roof of my mouth, then to the back of my mouth, then touched by my finger. Ears, head, back swished. Raising and lowering of legs. Roll over. Speck of blood taken from my hand. Hey, now I remember all of this.

My hormones were out (err yeah, and I've got a headache to prove it), my pelvis was out (interesting).

'Yeah well, my transfer has been cancelled' I told her 'I'm not worried about it, because I don't feel ready right now'.
'No, you're not ready at the moment'.

She then went on to tell me that I'd come at a good time, because in a couple of weeks she's off to Hawaii for a conference with updated training in cranial *sacral*therapy, think that's what it was called. So that's what it is.

So now I'm going back again next week for more.

I like the OFG, I like that she believes in me. I like that she looks after the very needy. I've done alot of different things in my pursuit of parenthood. At least she's not charging me hundreds of dollars each week and making me drink putrid tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home