IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Of Course

The apparent ease with which we could go straight to an FET has hit a wee speed bump.

'Parently all qualified members of staff capable of doing a transfer on our required dates will be at a mandatory conference. Supposedly this will be the same throughout all clinics in Oz. It's an accreditation thing. Tho I'm sure the really big places will have so many other people, they will be able to run things with a skeleton staff.

Sooo, as from today I'm back on the bcp for the next 21 days then have to start the syna*rel (bleuch!) Call the clinic on my next day 1.

I'm not so worried about this, but being a Plan B. kind of a gal, I'd already calculated that if this transfer doesn't work, we'd be able to get straight onto another one before Xmas. Now that we're qualified for full rebates. Though at this point I haven't sat down with the calendar.

On the positive side, a delay gives me a little more time to get prepared.

I've decided, with some nostalgia, to go back and consult with the therapy known as 'modern day magic' or my 'other fertility goddess', aka the kinesiologist I went to last time.

The bags of money I donated to the original chinese fertility goddess, never really got me any kind of result - except for learning that I quite like acupuncture.

I continued to see the OFG all the way thru my (extremely healthy) pregnancy, and only really stopped once BabyG was born.

If nothing else, I suspect she's a pretty intuitive kind of lady, and being a little that way inclined myself, I think we're a pretty good fit. Other than that I really have no clue how this stuff works.

With a few extra weeks up my sleeve, I can get in some extra sessions and really get rid of all that icky bacteria I'm bound to be breeding unknowingly.

First appointment tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At October 08, 2008 8:37 pm , Blogger Thalia said...

Sorry for not having commented sooner to say I was sorry the last cycle didn't work. Miserable, although Iknow you were expecting it.

And ya boo and sucks that you have to wait again. that's just crap.

Hoping it works so it doesn't matter that you can't fit in another before christmas.

 
At October 09, 2008 10:00 am , Blogger Summer said...

Wish you didn't have to be delayed but glad that it's just for a benign reason.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home