IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Lots!

Okay, so my update yesterday was completely wrong ... but here's the great news:

9 embies

As I mentioned I wasn't there when Star was given the details of the pick up, it turns out we got 13 eggs, 10 mature, 3 immature - and 1 caught up. So 11 for ICSI - and we've ended up with 9 embies!

I told the scientist we were really happy with 8!

So it turns out that Star just heard wrong - the scientist said that both her and the doc. spoke to her, and that she went back again when Star was more awake. Apparently not awake enough - must have been some drugs!

Star says now it was the nurse that told her 8.

Clearly, this should have been written down for Star, and in fact someone should have contacted me later. I thought it was odd at the time, but was happy with the result yesterday, so left it.

But how can I complain about such a happy muddle?

Now we're set for a 10am drop off and Star is coming. She says she's feeling great today, she realises now that with the last injections she was starting to get tired.

I had a brief discussion with the scientist that in the event that our embies start going belly-up we transfer more than 1 ... but in reality I really don't want twins, so am happy just to transfer 1 great embryo. She said that they will start freezing the good ones from tomorrow.

Incredible, I've never been in this position before.

I know that we'll lose some, but all I really want to do now is enjoy our good news.

Also ... thanks for all the support ... hey I've got statcounter!

4 Comments:

At September 19, 2008 1:48 pm , Blogger andi said...

Great news - hoping transfer goes well.

Cheers Andrea

 
At September 20, 2008 4:07 am , Blogger Unknown said...

crossing my fingers for a successful transfer.

 
At September 20, 2008 7:45 am , Blogger Summer said...

This is great news. Hope you have a smooth transfer!

 
At September 20, 2008 9:08 pm , Blogger Clare said...

Hi, I'm still here and always have everything crossed for you guys. This cycle sounds amazing. and that's exactly what you deserve.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home