IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Nothing Has Changed I See

Well now I know misunderstandings and confusion still reign in the world of IVF. Not much changes in 20 months.

Star has arrived and we've had our RE appointment and our clinic orientation.

Of course before we got to that point I had forgotten to get my syn*arel script filled by the day I was due to start sniffing.

Syn*arel being the main offender in all the confusion.

At Star's RE appointment, I was asked why I hadn't booked our orientation because Star was due to start her syn*arel... keh?

Then Star was to leave her nuva*ring a few extra days ...

'But I thought my cycle was being matched up to Star's' I stammered ?
'I'm managing a million things right now...' I was told by way of 'stay out of it'.

'It's interesting', I mentioned to the nurse while I was paying, 'but I didn't use syn*arel when I did my antagonist cycle, I used another drug that I injected'...
'Really?' she responded.
Well maybe you do the antagonist with syn*arel and I'm not aware ...

Meanwhile the irrate coordinator from the clinic had organised for Star and I to go in today, since we needed to do the orientation before Star started sniffin'.

'You know I'm not going to worry about it right now, but I'm finding it strange that you're not taking your nuva*ring out till Wednesday night, when I'm meant to be aligned to your cycle and I stop the pill today, and we did think your Day 1. would be this Thursday'...

We were right to be suspicious.

Notes said antagonist, plan generated yesterday said long suppression.

'Well we did plan these dates and flights around what we were told to do', we told our coordinator.

And 'no I don't have a script for pro*genova'.

She fixed everything, what a saint, thank god she was irrate yesterday and fitted us in today.

Now the nuva*ring comes out today and we wait for Day 1 - now expected to be Friday.

Also, it's been a joy to see Star. It's been amazing to see her with BabyG. No, she doesn't see her as her potential child she gave up, she says she simply cares for her alot. And she's great at making her giggle.

1 Comments:

At September 05, 2008 6:39 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Wow, I'm completely confused just from reading it! Good thing it all got cleared up before you started the medications.

Hope things go smoothly from here on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home