IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, November 30, 2007

So ...

I asked Star the question .... and .... the answer is ...

YES!

She said that she had already thought about it and while she will not cycle for anyone else, she will help us add to our family.

We have no idea how we will do it, but we know we can work it out.

Star is moving overseas - so next time we will be doing an international cycle.

I'm thrilled and soooo excited!

It's more than I could have hoped for.

First things first - I have my post-birth check up next Wednesday.

Everything feels like it's healed well (my check up should have been a few weeks ago but my Ob. was overseas).

I'm going to ask him his thoughts on when he thinks I could plan on carrying again.

It may seem too soon to be thinking or planning this .... BUT in my world, BabyG took 5 years - the next one has got to come along alot sooner.

Reality is - with the way we're going to be going about things - we're going to need alot of planning time.

So... that's where we're at!

8 Comments:

At December 01, 2007 1:05 am , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Great news!

 
At December 01, 2007 2:46 am , Blogger millie said...

How very exciting!!!!!

International cycles are the best.

 
At December 01, 2007 3:59 am , Blogger idiot said...

very very exciting! And very very BRAVE of you to consider another pregnancy so soon..lol. Best of luck all around.

 
At December 01, 2007 7:20 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

That must be a load off your mind!
With Star willing to be a donor again, you're that much closer to the possibility of a second child.

 
At December 01, 2007 12:39 pm , Blogger Summer said...

That's wonderful!

 
At December 11, 2007 3:51 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems you have barely savoured the moment after all of your trials resulting in the blessing of your beautiful daughter - its hard for me who has lost a child and still trying to find a donor to come back here to read this immediate jump back in to the frypan, perhaps you are addicted to the 'drama'; perhaps its smart to start now; but don't miss a moment of the joy of your daughter becoz you are busy chasing the dream over again. although i realise its a free (kind of) (western) world. Best wishes to the three of you. Justice

 
At December 12, 2007 4:31 am , Blogger Sparkle said...

Hi Justice, I understand completely thats its hard to read someone 'going again'.
But this is about forward planning, we have not set any time yet - could be 6 months, could be a year.
My experiences with IF have prolly made me feel abit panicky that I won't be able to give BabyG a sibling when the timing is right.

 
At December 16, 2007 7:40 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i completely understand what you are saying... i wish you every happiness..best wishes Justice

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home