IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Guess What?

I'm still here!

We're 40 weeks - official due date tomorrow.

Still feeling pretty good, and amazingly, still getting to sleep at night.

Organised?

Bag packed - check
Cot - check
Pedicure - check
Hair cut and dyed - check

Now there's no way any midwife is going to be saying to another - 'the woman with the grey roots wants an epidural'!

Should we get there - my next appointment with the Ob is on Wednesday. We have loosely discussed what next - but let's just see.

Even with the absolute accuracy of knowing when fertilisation occured you get with IVF - as my Ob says 'babies don't read the manual, they'll come when they're ready'.

Hold on.

8 Comments:

At September 10, 2007 9:28 pm , Blogger suzzcq70 said...

I was just where you are 2 weeks ago. Dud date came and went. I also thought our donor embryo FET baby would be on time considering the dates are set in stone. But he came 7 days late . . .the day before scheduled induction!

Anxiousky waiting for your precious arrival!

 
At September 11, 2007 12:45 am , Blogger Drowned Girl said...

Oh, how amazing! I remember when you were fretting it hadn't worked!

Here's to a swift and incredible birth.

 
At September 11, 2007 12:54 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

 
At September 11, 2007 5:46 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Perhaps it would help if you let all the alarms in the house go off. Maybe the baby will take a hint?

You must be so excited!

 
At September 11, 2007 3:59 pm , Blogger millie said...

I vote for Wednesday for totally selfish reasons: it's my birthday.

I can't believe it's here already. I can't wait to hear all about it.

 
At September 11, 2007 11:58 pm , Blogger JewishMama said...

Yep, babies come when they want, and not when we expect! Hope all goes well.

 
At September 13, 2007 5:18 am , Blogger daisy said...

I am so excited for you! I hope all goes well. Congrats again.
Daisy

 
At September 14, 2007 11:53 pm , Blogger ninaB said...

Checking in on you after a long long time. I'm glad everything has gone so well are you are actually at the finish line! Wow!
Will check again in a week to see The Announcement and hopefully some pics.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home