IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Flying Baby

Currently Mr. S, BabyG and I are all on holiday.

We decided that since I will not be elligible for Annual Leave when I return to work, that we should do it before.

I've decided that IF is the best preparation for having a baby, since every story you hear about the nightmares with baby's never comes close to the nightmare of IF.

I recently explained to a relative - that since we had to put so much effort into having a baby, I lived with virtually 2 full-time jobs for years, now that we have BabyG - we're doing things a little more instinctively. It works for us, but apparently for some - we should schedule her sleep times. You know what? She sleeps well and we really don't resent her being up with us past 8 pm. I figure we'll get to her bed 'time' down the track.

Also - air travel with a baby is no more difficult that .... ummmm ... air travel in general.

I also think I may have news on cycling with Star again - nothing concrete yet - but we're looking at second half of the year ... more to come.

On returning to work ... currently no childcare - but looking at June. In other words, it's got to move up the priority list when we return from holiday.

7 Comments:

At May 03, 2008 8:18 am , Blogger Summer said...

Hope you all have a great holiday! Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

 
At May 04, 2008 8:21 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

We're not scheduling too much either. If our girl rubs her eyes, she's sleepy. If not, she's not.

I'm glad to hear things are going so well with your little girl.

 
At May 04, 2008 6:19 pm , Blogger Drowned Girl said...

just wanted to say hi! x

 
At May 06, 2008 4:02 pm , Blogger Justice said...

San Fran - now divine! now thats what i call a nice wee holiday :)
I'm wondering if thats where Star is these days? Glad to hear you are all doing well. Safe and quiet trip home :)
best wishes
Justice

 
At May 25, 2008 9:00 pm , Blogger OvaGirl said...

Sparkle great to have you drop in, I'm glad that things are going so well for you and your family. I hope the holiday was fabulous and good luck with the childcare stuff and then onward 2008 and plans for more little sparkles...

 
At May 26, 2008 7:19 am , Blogger Justice said...

Hi Sparkles
wondering how your trip to San Fran was? how divine! I guess you must be flat out organising stuff if you are planning on going back to work in June...ugh which is just around the corner...how are you feeling about it all. have you somewhere nice for babyg? And what plans of more bambinos? look forward to your news best wishes Justice (Marce)

 
At June 25, 2008 10:31 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sparkles
long time no hear, love to hear how san fran was, are you gearing up to return to work...that must suck a bit or are you looking forward to it? Looking forward to your news. Iam now 19 weeks and found out yesterday we are having a boy and a girl so thrilled although wont be happy til they arrive safely. Thinking of you Justice

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home