IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Long Time

Yes it has been a while ... but you know there's really not much going on here.

BabyG thrives - has been crawling for the last few month and looks to be getting ready to start walking.

I am still on maternity leave - have no idea what to do about work. I'm in a loop - have no childcare - so can't give work a date on when I can return - the childcare centre tells me I should be flexible - but, as I said to them, I currently have no starting point to discuss with work.

Yes I am looking at other places, but in truth we have to find somewhere that works for us - not just anywhere.

Yesterday I saw my RE.

This was the first appointment to begin talking about doing our next cycle.

It's a little overwhelming.

I spoke to Star today, and she's very keen.

Things have changed a little, between our last cycle and this next one. Cost-wise, claimable wise. Not to our advantage. It seems we may have been amongst the luck few to have taken advantage of administrative oversights that have now been corrected.

Cue loop - would be good to be working to help pay for the cycle ... but I haven't got childcare ...

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2008 10:35 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sparkles

great to hear from you..bit of a hassle about the childcare vs work thing isnt it! v frustrating. Sounds exciting though that you are starting cycling soon. Write when you can about your trip to san fran...did you have a fab time? How did babyg go with all the flying? Good luck with everything Marcia /justice

 
At July 19, 2008 4:28 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Childcare is in short supply everywhere it seems.

Great to hear BabyG is doing so well.

And how exciting you're thinking of starting again. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home