IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

We've Picked Up ...

Our eggs that is ...

WE GOT 8! YAY!

We're ecstatic. No details at all though, so can't tell you if any are immature. Strangely (I wasn't there when Star was told) the doc. just told her 8. We called in on the clinic and they said they couldn't tell us anything more either.

Now I know for some this might not seem like an amazing haul compared to say getting 18 or 20 or whatever big clinics promise in other lands, but we couldn't be happier.

With an antagonist protocol you're aiming for quality over quantity and after our last cycle we didn't want Star on the stims for the same amount of time (12 or 13 days).

So I reckon 8 eggs after 8 days Pure*gon at 150mg - is just fantastic. (As a comparison when I did my Antagonist cycle I got 3 eggs (1 immature) after 9 days of Pure*gon at 300mg).

We are also of the thinking, that while we'd love to have a couple of snowbabies in the freezer, to 'cover our bases', 'be on the safe side' AND 'just in case'(!), we don't want an entire rugby team (heehee that's 15).

Star also had a much milder anaesthetic, so left the clinic feeling far better than last time.

Now we wait on the fertilisation report.

I quizzed the scientist quickly and she told me all is looking good with our swimmers.

Ugh, this is nerve-wracking. It never gets any easier - after 6 of my own cycles and 1 donor cycle - I'm guessing I won't sleep tonight.

Adios until tomorrow - around mid-morning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home