IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, October 03, 2008

As Expected

Negative.

Feeling okay. Was expecting it. Held out on the pee sticks, just had that feeling. Am disappointed, but picking myself up pretty quickly.

Moving straight to a frozen transfer. Stopping all meds and waiting for bleed. Once that comes call the clinic and 5 days later start back on progy*nova again.

Not sure what happens after that.

Star was shocked, she just expected that it would work. 'Sometimes there's just no reason' I told her. All the circumstances were right, the little embryo just didn't develop.

Thank god we have the frosties.

At least I can have a drink tonight.

8 Comments:

At October 03, 2008 6:05 pm , Blogger andi said...

Damn - I am really sorry my dear. I hope you are doing okay. And as you say - thank god for the frosties.

Enjoy the drink.

 
At October 03, 2008 7:22 pm , Blogger millie said...

So very sorry about your news but so glad you have frosties and will be getting right back on that horse.

After a few drinks, of course.

 
At October 03, 2008 11:41 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry - after last time i expected this would work but just goes to show how unpredictable this process can be.

I'm glad you have plan b and can snap right into action!

 
At October 04, 2008 1:02 am , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I'm so sorry.

 
At October 04, 2008 9:55 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm sorry it was a negative.

I've heard other people say that the 2WW for a second feels much like the first time around. At the same time that makes sense to me and it doesn't.


Congratulations on getting your drivers licence!

 
At October 04, 2008 10:00 am , Blogger Summer said...

I'm sorry it was negative but glad you have the frosties to start a FET right away.

 
At October 04, 2008 3:07 pm , Blogger Clare said...

OMG Sparkle, I am so sorry. I too was thinking because it worked with babyG it would work this time too. But isn't that the hard learnt lesson of IF, never expect a positive. G-D, I as glad you have all those frosties too. Here's hoping the FET does the trick. Still have everything crossed for you and babyG#2.

 
At October 04, 2008 7:30 pm , Blogger Drowned Girl said...

I'm so sorry. Hope the FET works for you, as it did for us - fresh cycle = BFN, FET = twins! Shows how eggs from the same batch can have different outcomes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home