IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh how passe

I knew it was coming. In fact I said as much.

Well it’s not rocket science is it? No actually it's mother nature.

It’s the same sort of attraction as honey to a bee.

The minute an IF starts cycling, or particularly when the 2WW starts, the pregnancy announcements start flooding in.

So far I’ve had two. Bracing for more. Both couples are adding third babies to their families. That’s the third baby to the family since we started trying.

So in one case, we’ve been trying to organise a catch up for dinner with A&B – of course now that they’re pregnant all calendars are free ... so what I want to know is: why couldn't you see us in the previous five months when you weren't pregnant?

‘Can’t go’ was the simple two-worder from me
‘I’ve told them we’re busy’ said Mr. S.
‘Good’
‘But ... you know, the thinking is that it’s not a cancellation for ever’

Why not? I think to myself.

6 Comments:

At August 18, 2006 6:23 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But cancellations can go on for a looooooooong time.....

 
At August 18, 2006 11:48 pm , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Why is that? I have a coworker/friend who is always busy - unless she has something to brag about...

 
At August 19, 2006 6:15 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm such a wus. Here I am crying because I've been lapped twice. Sheesh. I really must get my act together. (Rolling my eyes at myself).

Those announcements don't get any easier, at least for me. I'm tempted to become a hermit. Do you think I could get my RE to make house calls?

 
At August 19, 2006 11:59 am , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I so hear you on the pregnancy announcement thing. I swear that pregnant people gravitate towards me during my 2ww. So frustrating!

 
At August 20, 2006 8:32 am , Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Yeah, the pink lines are a great excuse for people to brag about it over dinner. You were right to cancel.

 
At August 22, 2006 4:24 am , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

OMG. cd 24 for me - and so far today - two people have said they are pregnant! One of which just had a baby four months ago (she has two kids and 8 previous abortions). She doesn't think she will keep this one either because she doesn't want her husband to find out (it isn't his).

I did well and didn't cry for a while.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home