IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ring Ring ...

You know when you get the call earlier than expected, that it’s not good news.

In the end only one egg was mature enough to be fertilised = normal fertilisation

Transfer tomorrow.

The nurse said to me that the fact that we only had one egg mature enough and it fertilised means that we had 100% success. Isn’t it amazing to get 100% and feel like loser?

Flare protocol = less eggs, and only 1 embryo for me.

Reality is that the chance of success now is very remote.

What I really want to do is go out, hit the booze and get totally hammered, now even that’s out of the question.

Sorry everyone, it’s almost embarrassing posting this s*** update.

7 Comments:

At August 10, 2006 5:02 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be sorry, it sucks when we get so disappointed. I prescribe copious amounts of alcohol tonight, and wish you all the best for the tomorrow and the next couple of weeks....

 
At August 10, 2006 8:08 pm , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Something to transfer is a result in itself, although I know it will not feel like it right now. Thinking good thoughts for you and the embryo!

 
At August 10, 2006 9:53 pm , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Oh honey you shouldn't be apologizing at all. I hope you and your little embryo have a very smooth today. Thinking of you.

 
At August 11, 2006 12:35 am , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I know you aren't in high spirits right now but I'm still excited for you. I'll keep Hope alive for you!

 
At August 11, 2006 3:09 am , Blogger Kris said...

I'm sorry this cycle has been just one blow after another. I really hope that embryo is a fighter. Good luck tomorrow.

 
At August 11, 2006 5:44 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Who sang 'life is just one damn thing after another'?

I hope transfer goes without a hitch tomorrow.

And as Heather said, don't worry about hoping, we've got that covered. All you need to do is show up.

Hang in there.

 
At August 11, 2006 2:00 pm , Blogger Mony said...

No, I am pleased there was something to transfer. Don't be embarressed! It's good news.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home