IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

First Blood Test

E2 = 140

Carry on with same dose, next blood test Wednesday + ultrasound

I keep forgetting that I’m cycling since all I do is 1 x injection every morning. I’m really not sure what could possibly be seen on the u/s on Wednesday since it will be exactly 4 injections by then, with one on the day?

On the CFG front, I had a follow up appointment last night and she has agreed to help me through the cycle, starting with her acu last night.

Her acu is more rigorous than I’ve had before – the needles get wiggled once they go in until I feel the necessary twinging ie the ones in the belly cause a kind of throbbing down towards my girly bits, and the ones on the ankles and knees - a kind of stabbing sensation up the legs. This means she’s hit the right spot or …ahem meridians. And if I thought I could then drift off into ‘Acu-sleep’, very much mistaken, because she comes back in the room 10 minutes later and gives them all another wiggle!

I’m going to be having acu every second day up till retrieval then the transfer kind. After that no more acu (she does this with natural cycles as well). From then she just gives nourishing herbs (for the baby, she said!).

She finishes the acu with what she calls ‘massage’. This is her finding the acupressure spots and giving them an almighty probe as well. Phew the liver and ovaries sure got a walloping – just in case they thought they’d hidden from the needles!

For all this, I actually have some faith in her.

I was wincing so much she asked me if my previous CFG’s had put the needles in my belly – yes they have, but they don’t wiggle them like you do, I told her.

‘Ahhh, well you see CFG’s, we’re all different, it’s not like going to a Western Dr.’
Yes, I agreed, they all just read from the same book!

Update after Wednesday.

4 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 6:45 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck for Wed! My CFG (who is actually Dutch) bangs on and on about my meridians when she sticks my magnets on, but I really have NFI of what she's talking about! At least we know our livers and ovaries are getting a dose of whatever it is that is meant to be good for us!

 
At August 01, 2006 8:56 pm , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Ooh, you made me wince with the talk of the wiggling of the needles!!

 
At August 01, 2006 10:55 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the needle wiggling...I saw an acupuncturist a few years ago for non-fertility issues and she called it "manipulating" the needles. She always asked before doing it "do you want manipulating?" and after the first time, I was a huge wimp and said NO. Made her chuckle.
I will be hoping for the best for you for this upcoming cycle.

 
At August 02, 2006 5:43 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My own CFG did the EXACT same thing... some of the needles she practically BURIED into my flesh...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home