IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Nothing to see here ...

Things have been pretty quiet on the IF front in the City for the past few weeks, but we’ve been flat out in other areas.

The past week we have had my parents in town, so have spent as much time as possible with them. My father is not well, so we’re living life one day at a time and trying to enjoy it as much as possible. He looks well, but gets very tired.

Tomorrow Mr. S and I head here for a long weekend, the main purpose being a wedding (close family friends). The extra days by the beach will be bliss.

The day we get back, my sister is in town with her husband and two children.

It’s an all-out family-fest here at the moment!

It’s not that we’re ignoring our IF, more so that for once we’ve just got other priorities.

It’s funny because at times the pace on this journey has been frantic, right now it feels like there’s no hurry. I feel like we’re gonna get there, we just don’t need to arrive out-of-breath. Don’t ask me why this sudden burst of optimism – it’s just there, arrived one day out of the clear blue sky, and it’s stayed.

I still haven’t made a decision on whether to do the Antagonist Cycle. What’s holding me back? Believe it or not, it’s the drugs. I’m not sure I want to take any more. After past cycles it has taken me weeks and months to get my energy back, I just don’t know if I want got through that again. I’m also not sure on the reasoning or logic behind this type of cycle being more successful at getting better quality eggs? I know if we do it, it'd be going in with our eyes wide open 'got nothing to lose' type of attitude - but do any of us ever really do that?

Meanwhile we’re in the queue for donor eggs – by my calculations we’ve ONLY got around another 41/2 months to go!

5 Comments:

At May 18, 2006 8:38 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

It's good to catch your breath once in a while, even better if it comes with a sense of optimism.
Enjoy the break.

 
At May 19, 2006 3:03 am , Blogger Chee Chee said...

We are starting an antagonist cycle in a couple of weeks due to poor response last time around. I won't be taking Lupron at all but will be adding Ganirelix. I am hopeful that the new protocol will make a difference for us.

Good luck to you and enjoy your break.

 
At May 19, 2006 6:51 pm , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

In the queue for donor eggs!! Yay. We will keep you company during the wait.

 
At May 21, 2006 2:07 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It’s not that we’re ignoring our IF, more so that for once we’ve just got other priorities"

I soooo understand you on this one! This is exactly how I'm feeling these days...

Hope you enjoy your getaway!

 
At May 23, 2006 5:25 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beach trip looks wonderful - I hope you were able to enjoy it. Sometimes a mental break is a good thing - it helps me to see that there are other things. Thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home