IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

More Work To Do

In Oriental Medicine it is not a good sign to have symptoms of ovulation or impending period.

That’s what my CFG told me today.

Today is my Day 17.

I told her that I knew I had ovulated around Day 15 because I got my trusty ‘sore boobs’ sign. I thought this was a good thing, it’s normal for me and always has been. Following my last failed cycle, this is the first time my cycle looks to be coming back to normal.

[I decided after my last IVF cycle to give myself a break from BBT’s and OPK’s for a few months, because I wanted some stress free time as we looked into other options.]

CFG says that if you have good Chi, good blood flow, and you are healthy you shouldn’t have any signs. That we all take it for granted in this day and age when we get these signs because we’re used to them, but the fact that we have the signs means that we are not in tip top health.

Sigh ... more for her to work on.

8 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 3:39 am , Blogger charlie's mom said...

Gah. More to worry about.

 
At March 17, 2006 9:28 am , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Uggh. Don't you just want to say rack off to her, in an Aussie stylee???

 
At March 17, 2006 10:31 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geesh. She's right in an idealistic way; but, seriously how many people (now or ever throughout history) are/were in tip-top health. You can only do the best that you can, but perfect?! That's a lot to ask!

 
At March 18, 2006 1:21 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sparkle
I'm so glad I read this today because I got my period yesterday and it was a total shock because I had absolutely no symptoms boobs are fine no PMT, I had decided that menopause was just around the corner for sure !
Ally

 
At March 18, 2006 1:47 am , Blogger Kris said...

Maybe I'm just too used to Occidental medicine, but I don't buy it. Through your cycle, your hormones are constantly changing. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. And if that's the case, PMS- which is clearly a "sign" of an impending period- wouldn't be good either. And I know many people who have scary PMS and are uber-fertile.

 
At March 18, 2006 3:46 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I can't imagine not having signs at all of what's going on in there. It would be a little eery.

 
At March 18, 2006 10:47 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Let me guess, like Western medicine, Oriental medicine was developed by men.

I have hardly any symptoms throughout my cycle, never have had. What good has it done me?
Really, temping was a revelation. You can actually get fair warning that your period is coming. Awesome!

 
At March 19, 2006 12:46 am , Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sorry sparkle but she is talking nonsense. Those signs are reflections in changes in the balance of your hormones. Those changes are what CAUSES ovulation - for example EWCM without which you CANNOT conceive unless you use ART. Don't let her worry you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home