IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Another Bite

So everything's okay with my sister and her baby. The baby is going to need an operation, but at the moment it's stable. We are at a good point, and I'm just glad the baby is okay. We're keeping our compassion for the baby and putting our 'stuff' to one side.

Tomorrow morning I go to New Zealand to see my family. It's my reveal, I'm a Kiwi girl, married to an Australian bloke and have lived here for years.

The other major stress in my life has been my father. Last year he was found to have growths on his bladder, that have turned out to be cancerous. He has been through successful chemotherapy and radiotherapy. We're all hoping that this has gone along way, and that we'll have him around for a while yet.

All this was going on while we went through our Miscarriage Management Program and then subsequent two cycles.

Like I said bite sized pieces.

The problems between my sister and I have caused problems throughout my family, and on top of everything we've had to try and support my mother. So I'm hoping my trip back will be a good time to put alot of the problems behind us.

Interesting, this kind of stress is apparently not good for your Kidney
Chi(!)

Meanwhile Mr. S. is off on his own adventures.

In fact he's off on our adventures. He has gone to Athens.

He will be leaving a 'sample', and that will kick off the search for a donor egg match.

We're excited!

So now we actually have some stuff happening. We won't expect to be matched for maybe six months, but we're okay with this.

The program we're on is the best we've found from Australia.

We're both only going to be gone for a week, and the truth is that ummmm, we're not being truthful about this with anyone we know - family/friendwise. So if anyone asks, Mr. S is away for work, okay?

Now I should be able to post from Aotearoa, my parents having all the gear. While I'm there, I'm gonna find one of those Maori Fertility Gods ...

5 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 11:00 pm , Blogger charlie's mom said...

I am so sorry for everything you've been having to deal with. I hope it all turns out alright.

Is your sister going to be there, or are you just visiting your parents?

 
At April 03, 2006 4:00 am , Blogger Thalia said...

It sounds like a tough time all round, I hope you're able to work things through with your sister. Have a good break.

 
At April 03, 2006 4:59 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

You've had quite a lot on your plate lately. I hope both trips result in progress on all fronts.

 
At April 04, 2006 6:22 am , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Have a double good trip!

 
At April 05, 2006 8:24 am , Blogger Jen said...

Oh, Sparkle, I can't believe how much you've had to deal with recently. I'm glad you have the opportunity to travel and see your family. I hope you and Mr. S are both enjoying your travels!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home