IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Quiet Times

There’s not much to report in ‘The City’ these days.

All over the Blogland people are cycling and I’m doing nothing. Feel like I’m here sitting on my jatz watching the hive of activity all around me. I’m really excited to be following everyone’s progress – and am hoping for a bumper crop of positive news.

Closer to home, I was told some great news last night – my new friend from our Adoption Seminar rang to let me that she was successful with her donor egg cycle. First transfer, 1 fresh embryo, 3 day transfer, 3 embryo’s frozen. I’m ecstatic. It’s funny but there are times when you do not dread hearing an Announcement this is one of those times. I know when my time comes for our donor cycle she will be here for me too.

Meanwhile, my life is revolving around getting myself in optimum health. My CFG is a big part of that – her visits being the only posts I can make about my fertility at the moment.

She said to me yesterday that she was very happy with my progress, and very happy with my attitude towards my health.

She explained a little more to me with regards to the Grey Hair diagnosis. She said her belief with me is that she needs to work on improving my Kidney Chi, that’s where she sees my weakness (by Chiropractor also believes this). There are a couple of physical indications of weak Kidney Chi, and one of those is having some prematurely grey hair. When she first met me she was a little confused, because she thought that my skin tone indicated that might be the case (yuck!), but since [as she said] I was in good physical shape (not overweight), and she couldn’t see grey hair, she was confused.

But you see, I was very tricksy, my hair had been newly dyed. Now six weeks later when she had to give me a needle in the hairline for my sinuses, she could see a few greys growing through.

Well, I said to her, they’ll be gone again by next week, I’m off to the hairdressers tomorrow!

BTW, in case you’re wondering, I’m not anywhere near 100% grey – but I have naturally dark hair, and unfortunately this makes what I do have far more obvious.

Tomorrow we’re going to a wedding of great friends – it’s a park ceremony, and a reception on the waterfront. So my friend and I are meeting at the hairdressers early in the day for a spruce up before the event.

We have made some plans for getting our donor cycle underway, but since I have so little to write about, I’ll save that for when we're closer to the time.

5 Comments:

At March 25, 2006 8:38 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting that your CFG was confused. I hope CFG and the chiro are able to get your kidney chi in order. I'm looking forward to hearing the details on your donor cycle as it approaches. I hope the plans are falling into place nicely.
Enjoy the wedding!

 
At March 25, 2006 10:35 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, yes—very tricksy of you! You must have an awesome dye job if she can't surmise your haircolor isn't natural.

Sounds like you're making good use of your in-between-cycles time. Enjoy the wedding!

 
At March 27, 2006 6:43 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

I guess those who aren't cycling, but waiting post less frequently in general. So it always seems that everyone in blogland is at it.

 
At March 27, 2006 8:51 pm , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Not much going on with me yet. Enjoy the wedding!

 
At March 28, 2006 8:31 pm , Blogger Thalia said...

That's good news about your friend, I'm glad it worked for her. Let's hope it's a harbinger of success for you, too! I'm with you on the dark hair and the dyeing. An essential part of body maintenance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home