IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Mind over Matter

You know that saying 'healthy mind, healthy body'?

I reckon it works in opposite, and I have the proof.

Following my trip home, my back had started feeling abit Uuh-Ooh. First day back at work, I quickly rescheduled my chiro appointment for earlier, I just knew I was going to have trouble getting through a day at work.

'Doesn't surprise me your back's gone' my chiro said. She reckons with the stuff with my sister then my father it was bound to happen.

Well she put it right, and if I hadn't had to go back to work it probably would have stayed that way, but that's just not life.

Anyway it was on it's way back.

Over the next 24 hours I developed a cold and had somehow bruised my ribs on my right side (favouring that side with my bad back).

I'd seen my acu for my regular appt. and had scheduled an extra appt. with my chiro and had to see a regular doctor (just in case it wasn't my ribs but my lungs collapsing since it was so painful to breath!)

All tut-tuttered and advanced the theory on getting run-down after my trip.

Amazing, I could be feeling so healthy a couple of weeks ago, and go into decline so quickly!

Timing being everything, of course this was smack bang mid-cycle. Now considering all I was capable of doing when I got home from work was to sit on the couch in a catatonic state, sex was out of the question.

Dang, there goes that 2% chance for the month!

Easter has been just the ticket, or should I say getting to sleep. I'm near new and thankful to have my energy back.

In other news, in fact IF news, I have my long awaited Cycle Review meeting tomorrow. Remember when I blew up the nurses when they suggested I go back to my regular RE? After that they alerted me to a free service, where I get to see the city's top dude. All I had to do was wait three months for the appt. Given that we'd already moved on, had a new RE to help us with donor eggs, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm not sure what I'll get out of this appt., but I would like my opportunity to ask why my protocol never changed over 5 cycles, and might just see what he suggests. I mean I fully expect the DE speech, but let's just see.

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2006 6:14 pm , Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sorry you are suffering so much. I've also got back pain and I find it really debilitating.

I'm interested to see what the new RE says. I'm guessing they may want to do another cycle with your eggs on a different protocol, but let's see.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home