IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Four

So now that pesky cycle is out of the way, I can get on with regular stuff, like being tagged:

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Paper Run (12)
2. Check-out Chick (15)
3. Nanny (on holiday for an English family!)
4. Publicist (Entertainment biz)

Four movies I watch over and over:
1. Aliens
2. Black Hawk Down
3. Queen Margot
4. Cactus Flower

Four places I have lived:
1. Wellington, NZ (born)
2. Bedworth (village in England)
3. Auckland, NZ
4. Sydney, Australia

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. Survivor
2. Race Around The World
3. The Office (Extras starts this Wednesday)
4. Sex And The City (!) but because two have ended: The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Hanoi, Vietnam
2. Positano (honeymoon)
3. Margaret River, Perth
4. Paris

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Sydney Morning Herald
2. The Guardian
3. NY Times
4. Million IF websites ...

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Risotto (all kinds)
2. Salt & Pepper squid
3. Peking Duck
4. Pasta (all kinds)

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Hoian, Vietnam
2. Swimming in the ocean
3. Shopping in London
4. Having a massage

Four favorite bands/singers (jeez, gonna have to stick with old favs):
1. Mazzy Star
2. Jeff Buckley
3. The Pixies
4. Nick Cave

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 6:20 am , Blogger ninaB said...

I haven't checked in for a few days..and look at all that's happened.
You made it to retrieval!
And transfer!
I know you're disappointed to not have more than one; but having 1 gives you a chance of success, even if that chance is smaller than you'd hoped for.
I hope the TWW isn't too horrible.
Like everyone else, I've got my fingers crossed & am hoping for good things for you.

 
At August 16, 2006 6:32 am , Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I love this list so I am going to do one of my own even though I haven't been tagged.

 
At August 16, 2006 10:48 am , Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Thank you for the Clexane toast this morning. I know you're not telling the beta date, so I'm just randomly sending good energy to coat the entire next two weeks (or 9 months).

Mel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home