IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, August 11, 2006

100%

Day 2, 4 cell, grade 1

That's what the scientist told me.
She also said she liked my socks!

I say to myself, well we've had grade 1 before, then I say but how would you feel if it was grade 2 or 3? Then I say, but then I hear about all the bodgy embies that have made beautiful babies ... and then I tell myself, that holding a conversation with yourself is the surest way to start talking sh**.

So now, I sit back and watch Rockstar, search for a singer ... then the Jane Austin boxset Mr. S bought me ... yeah I'm into prudish rock stuff!

So, the 2WW begins, and don't ask the beta date. Yes I'm serious, all I know is I have to give myself an injection tonight of 2000mg of Preg.nyl, a blood test on Tuesday to check my prog levels and to remember the Clexane every morning.

What I really need to make my mind up about is if I'm going to POAS. If I do, then I'm going to start in around 7 days. It's that or not at all.

Oh yeah, and I've got to get Mr. S to find a keg of pineapple juice.

Hmmm ... and most important of all, thank you all so much for being here with me.

6 Comments:

At August 11, 2006 5:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're on the 2ww, sounds like a gorgeous embie and if it doesn't want big trouble it better stick around!
BTW- stay away from the pee sticks! Evil things they are.... they just do your head in!
Stay calm, we're here if you need us! x

 
At August 11, 2006 8:25 pm , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I cried and cried at my so-so embryos last cycle and they were 4 cells on Day 2 as well. There is just no way to tell and it is maddening.

I am loving Rockstar Supernova too. Get those feet up and chill.

 
At August 12, 2006 6:47 am , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It sounds like you transferred a beautiful embie. Welcome to the 2ww sparkle. May it go quickly and smoothly for you. Hugs

 
At August 12, 2006 10:01 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

(To the tune of Garbage - Cherry Lips)
Go, embie, go
We're right behind you
Go, embie, go, go
...

 
At August 13, 2006 8:12 am , Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Hey, I'm a fellow Aussie IF blogger living in London but moving back to Melbourne very soon. I'll read about your 2ww with hope.

 
At August 13, 2006 11:14 pm , Blogger Kris said...

Ugh, the 2ww. I converse with myself all the time. I find myself both fascinating and infuriating....

My assvice is no pee sticks. Fingers crossed and thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home