IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Too Much?

Is their such a thing as a progesterone level that's too high?

I've been too lazy to research it ...

Blood test yesterday = 204

Nurse said it was very nice - and that's the way they like it - nice 'n artifically high! She said just for that to give myself another shot of Preg.nyl. Clearly there's no risk here with OHSS - what with having so few eggs in all.

Now in the past I've been happy to be told, 'it's very high, have another blood test tomorrow' and then, 'it's still high, so instead start Crin.one twice a day'.

My CFG said she likes to see it between 50-60. So right now, it would seem that I'm punching way above my weight - but is it too high?

Sure explains that ... ahem... bloaty feeling.

2 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 4:43 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

I've been wondering about that. My doctor has me on the IVF dose of progesterone pills, but all I've been doing is IUIs. What is that good for?

 
At August 18, 2006 9:51 am , Blogger Kris said...

I had a super high progesterone about a week after my retrieval, which for me a high progesterone level is very abnormal. The follicles turn into little progesterone producers after they give up their goods, so I was told my my nurse that an initial spike from the extra follicles is normal. Mine dropped after that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home