IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Can't Cheat

Is there worse torture to an IF than a HPT?

Yes, taking BBT during the 2WW

My CFG keeps insisting that I take my temperature every morning. On Sunday I debated in my sleep if I was ready to wake up and see a drop, until I reached a happy acceptance phase and was able to do it.

Today: 36.9° C (equals 98° F)

I have to see her tonight and tell her my symptoms so she can make me up a made-to-measure herbal formula. It looks like all I’m going to be able to tell her is that I have all my usual tell-tell *period symptoms – not to mention the temperament of a shrew.

On Friday night she did a pulse reading. I made up my mind to watch her carefully to read her face – she frowned then closed my file!

When I asked her how my pulse was she said:

‘A little slippery, more excited than usual … maybe indicates early pregnancy’.

I sat back stunned, then silently reprimanded myself for asking.

What am I going to do with that then I thought? Now if things continue to go the way they feel like they’re going – she’s going to be another person I curse for giving me false hope.

If I don’t have my period by Friday, my blood test is Saturday.

*When I say pre-period symptoms – I’m serious. I’ve never been wrong before.

6 Comments:

At August 21, 2006 5:25 pm , Anonymous Meri-ann said...

Slippery??

Anyway, I seriously hope that there is a first time that you are wrong....

 
At August 21, 2006 5:38 pm , Blogger Cat said...

Good luck.

The days of waiting are torturous and it is usually a battle between supressed hope and cynicism.

This time it might be hope thats the winner!

 
At August 22, 2006 11:26 am , Blogger Millie said...

Here's hoping she's right about the slippery pulse. My own CFG once told me I was pregnant. She was right, I and the hpts were all wrong. The outcome wasn't what any of us wanted but the pulse has secrets.

Hoping you get through your 2ww as quickly as possible.

 
At August 22, 2006 11:55 am , Blogger Kris said...

I have to tell you, the first time I read the line "temperment of a shrew" I thought it read "temperature of a shrew" and I could not figure out how you knew a shrew's temperature was 98 degrees. Then I reread. Literacy is a great thing.

I hope your CFG is right. What exactly is a slippery pulse?

 
At August 23, 2006 7:09 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

I don't know what else to say, but hang in there. I'm hoping for you.

 
At August 23, 2006 7:28 am , Blogger Angie said...

I hope that you are wrong! Looking forward to Saturday. Best wishes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home