IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Can't Cheat

Is there worse torture to an IF than a HPT?

Yes, taking BBT during the 2WW

My CFG keeps insisting that I take my temperature every morning. On Sunday I debated in my sleep if I was ready to wake up and see a drop, until I reached a happy acceptance phase and was able to do it.

Today: 36.9° C (equals 98° F)

I have to see her tonight and tell her my symptoms so she can make me up a made-to-measure herbal formula. It looks like all I’m going to be able to tell her is that I have all my usual tell-tell *period symptoms – not to mention the temperament of a shrew.

On Friday night she did a pulse reading. I made up my mind to watch her carefully to read her face – she frowned then closed my file!

When I asked her how my pulse was she said:

‘A little slippery, more excited than usual … maybe indicates early pregnancy’.

I sat back stunned, then silently reprimanded myself for asking.

What am I going to do with that then I thought? Now if things continue to go the way they feel like they’re going – she’s going to be another person I curse for giving me false hope.

If I don’t have my period by Friday, my blood test is Saturday.

*When I say pre-period symptoms – I’m serious. I’ve never been wrong before.

4 Comments:

At August 21, 2006 5:25 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slippery??

Anyway, I seriously hope that there is a first time that you are wrong....

 
At August 22, 2006 11:55 am , Blogger Kris said...

I have to tell you, the first time I read the line "temperment of a shrew" I thought it read "temperature of a shrew" and I could not figure out how you knew a shrew's temperature was 98 degrees. Then I reread. Literacy is a great thing.

I hope your CFG is right. What exactly is a slippery pulse?

 
At August 23, 2006 7:09 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

I don't know what else to say, but hang in there. I'm hoping for you.

 
At August 23, 2006 7:28 am , Blogger Angie said...

I hope that you are wrong! Looking forward to Saturday. Best wishes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home