IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Transfer ..

Well we transferred ... our 2nd embie did much better and had only lost 1 cell, had stabilised, no fragmentation. Looked pretty good on the screen.

Transfer was quick and without incident.

This is not the ideal transfer in terms of being a blastocyst, but it's good enough for me to feel hopeful. I'm proof positive that transferring hatching blasts is no guarantee of a positive result (umm try 3 or 4 with my own embies).

I asked the scientist and doctor ...'do many women get pregnant with embies like these?', 'lots, we wouldn't transfer if we didn't'. Good.

Passed a million pregnant women on my way ... lucky them.

8 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 4:38 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

All right, transfer!!!
I'm so glad you got to transfer. :-)

 
At November 18, 2008 5:33 am , Blogger Winnifred said...

I'm transfering on thursday -- nervous reck! I'm glad to read that you got to transfer... happy sticky thoughts sent your way!

 
At November 18, 2008 8:05 am , Blogger Summer said...

Just catching up on the latest news from this weekend and wanted to wish you luck!

 
At November 19, 2008 7:23 am , Blogger twondra said...

Found you through Lost and Found. Just wanted to wish you luck!!

 
At November 19, 2008 3:44 pm , Blogger Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Best of luck to you. Hope the 2WW is short.

 
At November 20, 2008 8:49 am , Blogger Virginia said...

have you POAS yet? (just kidding ;) ) I know you're excited. Just think, those embies are nestled in good now. can't wait for your next post.

 
At November 21, 2008 1:34 pm , Blogger Peeveme said...

Hey I transferred one blast on Tuesday so we can wait together. Wishing you the best. It really does happen all the time.

 
At November 22, 2008 2:54 am , Blogger Thalia said...

fingers crossed

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home