IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fruity Times

Apparently at 11 weeks a 'foetus' has grown to the size of a fig – from a kumquat to a fig in the space of a week.

In preparation for my Nuchal scan next Monday, I had yet another blood test - this one to check my Pregnancy Associate Plasma Protein (PAPPs). Apparently this with the neck measurement will give me as accurate an indication as I can get that all is okay ... or not.

I’ll get my scan then see the doctor immediately, who should also have my blood results, since I’ve had them done a week early.

It’s a funny time, because on the one hand there meant to be all all kinds of growth and development going on, and on the other – how would you know?

Thankfully my full-blown paranoia and fear from the beginning is really standing me in good stead now.

That is, I’ve grown used to living in fear.

I will be scared leading into Monday’s appointment, but hopefully my uncomfortably full bladder will be a good distraction for that.

I keep being told not to worry – because of Star’s age – but you know how it is.

7 Comments:

At February 20, 2007 8:45 pm , Blogger Clare said...

Yes, I know how worrying everything is. But I'll be thinking of you and hoping for good results.

 
At February 20, 2007 10:52 pm , Blogger Lut C. said...

You were told not to worry? HAHAHA!
That's a good one.

Hoping you get another reassuring result.

 
At February 21, 2007 1:16 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

 
At February 21, 2007 7:02 am , Blogger millie said...

Here's to more fun fruits. I'm making candied kumquats today in your honor. What's next?

Best of luck with the nuchal.

 
At February 21, 2007 2:04 pm , Blogger Kris said...

Ha!Ha! Don't worry? I think it's a give that that's impossible. But, it's also a given, of course, that we are all hoping you have nothing to worry about.

 
At February 21, 2007 4:40 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be worth ringing the dr a few days early just to check they actually do have the blood results in. Mine of course were late, leading to extra days of waiting, waiting...
Pregnancy is really just nine months of waiting and stressing isn't it.
The scan is another good milestone to tick off tho.

 
At February 27, 2007 11:12 am , Blogger Clare said...

I think you wrote that you were having your 12 week scan yesterday and I'm hoping everything went well for you and that the baby is growing as it should be. I'm thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home