IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Scan

We have ...

A healthy heartbeat - I saw it for myself!

A measurement = 8.5mm

We even have a due date: 9th September.

We also have our next scan booked: 4th February

I spent all day wondering how I would feel if everything went well and I saw a heartbeat, everytime I thought about it, I felt like crying. When it came to actually seeing it - I was happy ... and fascinated ... I was looking at a little sea creature with a huge beating heart!

All going well on our next scan, we will then have a less than 2% chance of failure. Right now, we're in the same category as anyone - and that includes anyone fertile!

'See now we don't have to worry anymore' Mr. S said.
'The doc. said my worries and fears were perfectly NORMAL, and there was nothing anyone could do about it'

So there.

The doc. also said that if I wanted a celebratory glass of champagne, that would also be perfectly acceptable!

19 Comments:

At January 22, 2007 7:45 pm , Blogger Thalia said...

Out of all the posts I've read recently,this is the one that's made me cry. Because you've been through so much to get here, and because I know a little of how you must have been feeling just before that scan. I'm truly delighted for you!

 
At January 22, 2007 9:13 pm , Blogger Clare said...

OMG Sparkle, a heartbeat, a good measurement and a due date, that is bloody HUGE news. I am so, so happy for you.

 
At January 22, 2007 10:36 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you.

 
At January 23, 2007 12:35 am , Blogger suzzcq70 said...

That is such wondeful news to read on this Monday morning in NYC! Congrats! I'm due 8/27 from an adopted embryo transfer, so it will be fun to follow your blog through your pg. Guess what, you're having a baby!

 
At January 23, 2007 1:46 am , Blogger Angie said...

Wonderful news! CONGRATS!

 
At January 23, 2007 2:30 am , Blogger KikayC said...

congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!

 
At January 23, 2007 3:45 am , Blogger Unknown said...

Great news - and wonderful to know you have a real "live" due date. Amazing to think that the words "normal pregnancy" are so important and precious to hear.

 
At January 23, 2007 4:11 am , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What great news! I'm so happy for you guys!!

 
At January 23, 2007 4:29 am , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

How awesome!!!! So unbelievably thrilled for you!

 
At January 23, 2007 5:20 am , Blogger ninaB said...

Hurrah!
I was thinking of you when I woke this morning. So glad the scan went well!

 
At January 23, 2007 5:43 am , Blogger Inglewood said...

Oh Sparkle I am just so happy for you. What lovely news.

 
At January 23, 2007 5:49 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Another huge milestone behind you! I'm so happy!

 
At January 23, 2007 5:54 am , Blogger Ruby said...

Great news! Congratulations!

 
At January 23, 2007 10:22 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUUUUUUGE sigh of relief - Good for you (and your family!)
YAY.

 
At January 23, 2007 11:34 am , Blogger Summer said...

How wonderful! Truly wonderful!

 
At January 23, 2007 12:05 pm , Blogger Kris said...

That is absolutely awesome! So exciting!

 
At January 24, 2007 10:05 am , Blogger CLHK said...

So exciting for you!! My 7th anniversary is 9/9 - a great day for a baby!!!!

 
At January 24, 2007 1:27 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO! This great news. I'm so happy for y'all.

 
At January 25, 2007 8:08 am , Blogger M said...

Yay- this is fabulous!!! Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home