IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Good Sign

Well that’s the blood test out of the way, now to drum fingers until I get the call.

Overnight I became convinced that the blood test is going to come back negative.

Scenarios going round and round in my head.

‘Well I’ve got my second opinion appointment coming up’ I thought, ‘gotta get all the information together, ask Star to put a written request in for all her info ...’

You get the drift.

Slept pretty well, you know when you’ve resigned yourself to something, it takes all the pressure off.

This morning Mr. S said he was going to drive me – since I’m going to work afterwards and he’s staying home!

The other day, when my friend was doing her PT, I decided to give her a few of my spares in case she wanted to do a double check. Yeah I had 4 unused packets in my cupboard – does that make me certifiable in this community?

Anyhow, I noticed one that was due to expire December 2006 that had come with an OPK.

‘If I’m sure it’s negative, why don’t I use that one, I mean it’s not like I’m going to double check a negative once it’s confirmed – and the test has expired’.

So, I went to the loo to make my 'comfort stop' before getting in the car.

TWO PINK LINES!

Shit, where’s the instruction sheet, NO WHERE TO BE SEEN!

‘Good sign, doesn't look like we need to paint one on!’ said Mr. S
‘Good sign’ said the nurse.
‘Good sign’ said Star

In that order.

Now at least three of us are holding our breath.

More later.

4 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 10:44 am , Blogger Unknown said...

did you just bury the lead in this post? hmmmm...could be exciting.

ps - I sent you an email response.

 
At January 03, 2007 11:03 am , Blogger Bugsy said...

Very Good sign. If you look at my blog you will find I had the same thoughts before my confirmation test yesterday. Wishing you very good beta numbers. bring it on!

 
At January 03, 2007 11:06 am , Blogger Clare said...

OMG two pink lines, that is wonderful news. I'm sure the blood test will only confirm what you have already seen yourself on the PT. Still have fingers crossed for you.

 
At January 03, 2007 12:05 pm , Blogger Kris said...

Make that at least 4 holding your breath- can't wait to hear about the call!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home