IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Last Day

Tomorrow at 9am I have my blood test. With it being the first day back from the holidays for the clinic, who knows what time I'll hear back.

Am I still hopeful? Yes.

I'm over trying to protect myself - if it's negative I'll be disappointed - fearing that now is not going to help. If that's the way it goes, I'll want to feel bad, or will I want to feel nothing for a day or two?

We all know the deal here - if it's a strong embie - it will have implanted. This embie is the strongest we will have transferred - over 7 cycles.

I've had sore boobs pretty much for the last week - that could mean anything - including the fact that my body is just being responsive to the progesterone pessaries.

Last night I had more tummy rumbling - but today there is still no blood.

My 'brown blood' incident happened last Friday - another time where I thought 'well this is it'.

These pessaries could be SO powerful they are holding back my period. But the fact is, today I don't have it and that's all I know.

I think losing all the rest of the embies in the beginning - in a warped way - was great preparation for a 2WW. News doesn't come much worse than that - so now let's just see what happens.

Star is anxious too, she can't wait to hear.

Unfortunately I'm keeping everyone in suspense - no pissing on anything. I don't want to be trying to convince myself of anything - I want the scientific result.

That's the only thing I'm going to believe at this point. Good or Bad.

6 Comments:

At January 02, 2007 11:23 am , Blogger Clare said...

found you through Meri-ann. thinking of you tomorrow and hoping you get a bfp and great betas.
Clare

 
At January 02, 2007 11:44 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do believe the pessaries hold back your period but that doesn't mean it hasn't worked for you! am so thinking of you esp tmrw. Marcia

 
At January 02, 2007 12:43 pm , Blogger Justice said...

thinking of you Sparkles! 2007 will be your year..I just know it!

 
At January 02, 2007 12:59 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you.

 
At January 02, 2007 1:39 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm taking a Deep breadth and wishing you the best of luck tomorrow.

If it meant to be...cross fingers.

 
At January 03, 2007 6:09 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

That's the spirit! Good luck tomorrow, and may it just be the start!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home