IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Proceeding at a Steady Pace

The results of Monday's blood test were not available until late this afternoon.

Star's hormone's are starting to rise nicely (steadily) - somewhere in the 800's. Next blood test and ultra sound on Friday.

It turns out that Star was continuing to take the bcp (she was sure someone had told her to), consequently prior to starting stims Nice Nurse told her to stop and so she promptly got her period. That explains the slow rise.

Potentially we are looking at a pick up either next Monday or Wednesday. At worst next Friday - with a transfer on Christmas Eve (blimey!)

My lining & hormones are to be checked this Friday, plus I am to take deliverance of the famous pessaries.

Following a weekend weekend that included, catch-up drinks on Friday, BBQ on Saturday and work-party on Sunday - I started the week a head cold. The Alternative Goddess took full credit for it - advising me it was leftover bacteria. I should start feeling better now (yay). She also advised that my hormones were in great shape (considering the suppression, and oestrogen top-up).

Happy with how everything is going right now.

3 Comments:

At December 13, 2006 7:03 am , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that everything is going so well. I hope that the cycle continues to go smoothly.

 
At December 13, 2006 8:10 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm very pleased things are progressing nicely! Keep it up both of you.

 
At December 13, 2006 1:12 pm , Blogger KikayC said...

Hi Sparkle! I'm praying that this cycle goes on without a hitch. Crossing my fingers and toes for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home