IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Operator?

It appears we have been encountering some technical difficulties, that have only just come to light in this cycle. Of course we have.

Star has had to keep her phone turned off at work, because she is in training all week.

Since Monday, Nice Nurse has been trying to ring her, but her calls have been ringing out and not even going to message bank. She also rings on a private line, so when Star switches her phone on, she can’t see who’s called. It turns out she does need to have the CF test again, and we both need to have our suppression checks.

‘We need to be able to communicate with Star and leave messages, things are going to be happening fast from now on.’ Glamour Nurse told me.
‘Are you okay?’ she asked
‘Yes, I’m just worried about Star’s phone’.

So sent Star a text and emailed her. I also gave Nice Nurse Star’s new home number.

‘I didn’t know that was happening, I can’t understand why, I’ll contact my provider in the morning’

Phew, hopefully we can get over this minor hiccup.

Meantime, Nice Nurse told me there was no need to panic, I could have my blood test this morning, and Star can have hers tomorrow.

‘It’s good that she’s not deliberately ignoring calls, alarm bells would be going off if that was the case’.

Shiver

Meanwhile last night I went for my kinesiology session. Or was it energy healing? Maybe they’re the same thing?

I don’t know what I expected.

By pushing on my left arm as I had it raised, the Alternative Goddess pressed and jabbed other parts of my body …

‘Your right ovary isn’t fully functional, did you know that? ... and your hyothalamus gland doesn’t seem to be functioning ... Can’t figure it out, your hormones are okay ...
‘Ummm, could that be the suppression drugs I’m on?
‘Right that could be it ... have you had many problems with your ears? ... your body is missing something ... is it a supplement ... no it’s a food group ... a carbohydrate? ... no a protein ... what’s your diet like’?
‘Good, we eat lots of vegetables, salads, we eat meat a couple of times a week, I like cheese’.
‘Looks like you’ve got a virus, and you’ve had it for years ...’
‘Now sit up and keep blinking ...’

I had to do that a couple of times, while she swooshed her hands up and down my back.

‘Okay, you’re done, and I’ll need to see you early next week.’
‘Umm, my friend that recommended I came, did so because I was feeling stressed about the donor cycle coming up’.
‘Well your body told me you were okay ... unless you were hiding it ... let’s just check again ... Raise your left arm ... [jab here, there and everywhere] Yeah, you’re fine ... now I’ve started correcting your energy levels, you should be fine.’

I don’t quite understand what it was all about. I did sleep well last night.

My friend going through her [successful] donor cycle used to see her. Hearing I was going through a donor cycle didn’t phase her.

Maybe this is just another one of those weird things for me to experience on this journey?

Meanwhile this morning I trotted off to have my blood test (and where I will have my ultrasounds) ... It’s over the road from the building I work in! Yes literally. The entrance to the clinic faces the driveway that everyone from work uses to get into the building parking. Incredibly handy, but ... what I wonder is – how come I never even noticed this place before? What if someone sees me? What if I see someone from work in there? At this point, I don’t care.

4 Comments:

At November 30, 2006 1:04 pm , Blogger Kris said...

Keep blinking?

 
At December 01, 2006 5:38 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Alarm bells? More like nuclear bombs!

I don't think I've ever heard of kinesiology before.

 
At December 01, 2006 9:30 am , Blogger Thalia said...

Your kinesiology fails my voodoo test. But I'm glad that star is sorting out her phone. One more level of stress that you don't need!

 
At December 02, 2006 8:49 am , Blogger Carol said...

sounds like an interesting 'alternative' medicine appointment. these donor cycles are such a roller coaster. I don't really understand why they aren't more forthcoming with the information. I have the same issues with mine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home