IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Speeding Up

The two-day headache following the appointment with the Alternative Goddess ended on Saturday. But by then I was aching all over. That has mostly stopped now too. The urgent need to rush to the loo only lasted the one day following the appointment.

‘Wow, she sounds amazing, I want to see her, give me her number’ one of my colleagues said after I was complaining about my headache. People floor me.

So it turns out my muscles remembered plenty and decided to give me a reminder!

I’m not sure that if I go back and see her, if I’ll be up for more of this misery?

I don’t know what I think of it all – or if it’s merely coincidence and in fact I had somehow picked up a low-level flu?

It’s so weird, but then so is life.

In other news, Star has been given the go-ahead. She starts injecting tonight.

‘Are you okay with everything, do you know what to do?’ I ask anxiously.
‘Yeah, I think I’m fine – I dial up 150 don’t I?’
‘Yes, call me if you need me to talk you through it’.
‘Okay, Mr. Star says he doesn’t want to be in the room when I do it, lol’.

So we’ll be getting to the exciting part of the cycle, and also the part where all the logistics have to come together.

Our SDD wants Star to be here from Day 8 of stims, but Star would like to see if we can bring that in to closer to the time of retrieval. It looks like Mr. Star will be coming with her, which is awesome. I’m going to have to ring the clinic and see how far we can push it. She has a radiology place to go to for her scans, so as long as they do what they’re supposed to and get SDD the scans on email quickly – surely we can do that?

Star’s first blood test will be on Friday, so that’s when we’ll get an indication on how she’s fast her levels are rising.

I’m thinking it’s time for Mr. S to step up to the plate and start getting involved too. On the one hand, I feel like I need to be the one running the show, it’s a control thing I have, on the other I want some help in case I stuff things up.

Oh yeah, and my part – I started taking Progy*nova today – one in the morning and one at night while I still keep sniffing.

I have a feeling the next 10 days are going to fly by at warp-speed.

7 Comments:

At December 04, 2006 10:17 pm , Blogger Thalia said...

So glad you are getting started - or that Star is, anyway. I hope she lives up to her name and grows a lot of good looking follicles.

 
At December 05, 2006 6:12 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

LOL! Two-day headaches, gimme some?!

The tension must be mounting at both your houses. Stimming is here, finally. Wishing you smooth sailing.

 
At December 05, 2006 11:38 am , Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

reading you. good luck on this cycle. go Star go!

 
At December 05, 2006 12:39 pm , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It sounds like you are on your way! Good luck!

 
At December 05, 2006 2:09 pm , Blogger Kris said...

Holy crap. It's finally starting! Can't wait to hear how things go!

 
At December 07, 2006 5:56 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, man... here's hoping this cycle does the job...

Thinking of you.

 
At December 07, 2006 8:31 am , Blogger Mony said...

Was accupuncture involved? Curious because I did 2 lots of accupuncture last cycle & it put me to bed feeling absolutely awful. Aching all over.....sick. I won't try accupuncture again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home