IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Don't Panic

First blood test in = don't get excited.

Star's oestrogen hasn't had a dramatic rise yet (E2 - 157), so we will be getting another blood test on Monday and see if things have taken off over the weekend.

Nice Nurse and Glamour Nurse said 'nothing to worry about yet'.

Star has been suppressed for a long time and had a late period, so it may take a couple of extra days to get her ovaries to wake up. Her dosage has not being increased.

Since Star is injecting at night, yesterday's blood test was actually a Day 4, not 5.

So, clearly we won't be doing an EPU after 8 days.

I know that if there isn't a dramatic increase soon, we could be cancelled.

WAKE UP OVARIES!

3 Comments:

At December 09, 2006 11:00 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm not panicking, if you're not.
But I can't wait for Monday's results to roll around, may they be just on target.

 
At December 11, 2006 3:42 am , Blogger Kris said...

Wake up! But not too awake! I always start slow with the E2 after the bcp and lupron. Usually I have to add a patch at the beginning to get the E2 up. But I alway end up catching up or ending up with a day or two longer stim cycle.

 
At December 11, 2006 9:18 pm , Blogger ninaB said...

For what it's worth, that's been my experience too. Things can start slow, but once the E2 starts to rise, as long as the increase is steady it's good.
A fast rise is not good either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home