IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Good Sign Updated

I stared at the phone so long I thought my laser eyes were gonna make it combust!

Finally the call:

HCG = 200
Progesterone = 80


'Happy' with both levels the nurse said. (Today is Day 16).

Stay on Prog*nova and Prog. pessaries

I've already spoken to my doctor - made him call me back while he's on holiday. He's happy for me to keep getting betas to make sure I'm doubling.

Star and I have already spoken for ages. She said she had all her leftover needles and unused medication and was ready to go again.

We're both still sad about our lost embies.

BUT we're ready for our next milestones.

Thank you everyone who comes to visit, I know following my story to this point has not been for the faint-hearted.

20 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 3:30 pm , Blogger Justice said...

OMG! wonderful news Sparkles, I thought you were NEVER coming back with the result! I did figure no news was good news :)
Congratulations to you and Mr S!

 
At January 03, 2007 5:13 pm , Blogger KikayC said...

wwwwooooohooooo!!!!! great news sparkle!!!!!

Congratulations!!! I guess 2006 has one more surprise for you.

 
At January 03, 2007 5:56 pm , Blogger Thalia said...

Fantastic news, Sparkle! So very happy for you. NOw hoping for the next step (I'm going straight to heartbeat(s) in 2 weeks).

 
At January 03, 2007 5:56 pm , Blogger Clare said...

Congartulations Sparkle. Those are fantastic numbers. I am so happy for you.

 
At January 03, 2007 6:56 pm , Blogger M said...

OMG Wow!! Congratulations- what a fabulous way to see in 2007!!

 
At January 03, 2007 7:31 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh thank goodness - I was almost too scared to open our blog today.

Wishing you all the best for the next few weeks. I sooo remember waiting for those phone calls.

(creating) life wasn't meant to be easy. but you can do it!!!

 
At January 04, 2007 12:08 am , Blogger suzzcq70 said...

Hurraaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I am so happy it all worked out!! How wonderful for you!

Great way to start the New Year! Congrats!

 
At January 04, 2007 12:56 am , Blogger ninaB said...

Yea!!!!
What a great way to start the new year!!

 
At January 04, 2007 1:47 am , Blogger Unknown said...

Great numbers, amazing!

When I visit in Australia I guess we will be going out for non-alcoholic beverages (or atleast you will)!

 
At January 04, 2007 2:03 am , Blogger Unknown said...

Question when you have a moment - you can post or email when you have a moment -
How long does your RE want to you on the progesterone? in what format? have you noticed any side effects?

all the best - Jade

 
At January 04, 2007 2:44 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

 
At January 04, 2007 3:06 am , Blogger EJW said...

Excellent! I'm so happy for you!

 
At January 04, 2007 4:07 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! so happy you finally have some good news. Take care!

 
At January 04, 2007 6:30 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Yes!!! New milestones! Shiny, sparkly new waits!!!

Fireworks! Champagne! (no curbing of enthusiasm today!)

 
At January 04, 2007 6:47 am , Blogger Unknown said...

Horray!!! What great news! Congratulations!

 
At January 04, 2007 8:03 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just FANTASTIC!!

 
At January 04, 2007 10:20 am , Blogger Carol said...

that is just wonderful news. congrats.

 
At January 04, 2007 12:35 pm , Blogger Kris said...

Yippee. That is absolutely fantastic! I'm so thrilled for you!

 
At January 04, 2007 9:53 pm , Blogger Bugsy said...

Very good news. Whoo hoo - we both got good news today!

 
At January 05, 2007 8:36 am , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Just came back to read your news. CONGRATULATIONS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home