IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Well

Here we go again ... we're cancelled for January.

We were attempting to do a Natural FET ... scan this morning showed 1 small follie and lining at 7mm on Day 10.

Blood results unfortunately showed eostrogen to be too low - under 100 - so cycle is cancelled.

Now I am to start immedicately on the bcp ... for the next 3 1/2 weeks then ... start the miserable synarel.

The main positive to this is that it gives me a few more weeks with my new acupuncture goddess ...

Don't know why I'm not more upset - have a feeling its all for the best.

So February here we come!

There's also a whole new dilemma with this culturing embies thing - too many pros and cons to go into right now.

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2009 1:24 am , Blogger Leslee said...

I'm sorry that your cycle was canceled. I hope that these extra few weeks are good ones.

Hang in there!

 
At January 13, 2009 6:49 am , Blogger Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Sorry about the change of plans. Hope you enjoy the extra time with your acupuncture goddess!

Best of luck next month.

 
At January 14, 2009 7:49 pm , Blogger Thalia said...

I don't know about the culturing embryos thing, what is that about?

I'm glad you're feeling ok about waiting another month. If you're feeling ok about it, then it sounds like it's the right answer. No point putting those embryos back unless everything is ready for them.

 
At January 15, 2009 6:32 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Well, if you're not too upset, all for the better.
We'll be attempting a natural FET soon, and I'm very curious as to whether this will work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home