IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Official

Officially negative.

The clinic says that my chances are good with the 3 great embryos we have. The nurse said that we've gotten pregnant with these embryos before so it will happen again.

Unfortunately no transfer in the near future. Due to my period not starting, (due to having to stay on the messaries waiting on my beta!) I will not get in before the Xmas closures.

So another wait for me.

Star can't understand why we haven't had any luck yet. Who knows? Is it bad luck?

I haven't found out any more information on the 'culturing of embryos' that will be done next time. Guess I have time to google it.

9 Comments:

At December 03, 2008 2:30 am , Blogger Leslee said...

I'm so sorry, Sparkle.

 
At December 03, 2008 4:52 am , Blogger Peeveme said...

I am so sorry. I can't imagine how crushing this is. I have no idea why this didn't work. The luck of the draw can really suck.

 
At December 03, 2008 5:32 am , Blogger Emily said...

I am so sorry. Big hugs!

 
At December 03, 2008 5:41 am , Blogger Delenn said...

I am so sorry. If wishing and good thoughts were tangible hugs--you would be smothered with them.

 
At December 03, 2008 9:38 am , Blogger FattyPants said...

I'm sorry about your negative

 
At December 03, 2008 11:15 pm , Blogger twondra said...

I found you through L&F at Stirrups. I'm thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Tammy
www.twondra.blogspot.com

 
At December 04, 2008 9:41 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm sorry you didn't get lucky this time around. The delay is no fun either. :(

 
At December 06, 2008 1:48 am , Blogger Thalia said...

Ah bollocks, I hate waiting.

Is embryo culturing the stuff where they use different media on different days to mimic the different conditions as they move down the fallopian tube?

 
At December 06, 2008 11:32 am , Blogger Summer said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope the start of the year will bring you better news.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home