IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

How Many Degrees?

When I read about bloggy friends catching up, people whose journeys I’ve followed for the last couple of years, and who now I feel like I ‘know’, I often get a pang of jealousy.

Well last week I got to have my own ‘real life’ catch up.

Stella from our divine journey and I (plus M & Mr.S ) caught up for a drink in Sydney.

Anyone that lives in Sydney laughs heartily at the Six Degrees of Separation theory!

It turns out we were all in the same 2-Day Adoption Seminar in February, we just weren’t in the same workshop groups so didn’t really get to meet. Our similarities go further – from age, repeat IVF, refugees from the same CFG and unfortunately miscarriage at around the same point in the pregnancy (both likely from elevated ACA’s).

Now again we’re at the same point, I’ve now done my last cycle, Stella is currently doing hers (fingers crossed).

We’re also both now on the donor egg journey.

It’s fantastic to meet people dealing with the same things, heading in the same direction. Being able to talk openly about our journeys is valuable beyond belief.

It's also awesome to meet people we really like.

I’m sure I’m not the first IFer to suddenly realise that there have been some pluses on this crazy journey. While so many of our friends have had the Mothers Groups to extend their friendships – well guess what? IF has extended ours.

Stella and M had a truly amazing experience with an energy healer that has to be heard to be believed ... well I’ve never heard anything like it. Go to her blog and say ‘Stella please write a post about the energy healer!!’ it has to be written.

Whoever said Sydneysiders weren't friendly ...?

4 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 4:51 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

OOOOH! Each time I hear about blogging friends meeting up in real life I'm so jealous!!!!

 
At October 06, 2006 10:00 am , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's so nice that you have met someone who can truly relate to your situation.

I so would love to meet some blogger friends in real life.

 
At October 10, 2006 12:00 am , Blogger StellaNova said...

Sounds like a great catch-up. There's nothing like a blogger to REALLY understand.

Thanks for visiting my place.

 
At October 10, 2006 3:56 pm , Blogger Mony said...

Somebody said Sydneysiders weren't friendly?
Who Dammit?
Who said THAT????!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home