IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Update

Friday's ultra sound and blood test showed that we have 8 follicles developing, and endometrium was 5.
My E2 has gone up to 590.

Still not high enough, but we're getting there

I felt total relief when she counted 8 follicles, I had convinced myself that we'd be in the situation where we'd only have 2 or something.

Next blood test and dildo cam is on Monday. Hopefully this will show the follicles have grown.

I don't think my collection will be until either Thursday or most likely Friday.

On Friday afternoon we headed off to the country for the weekend, to share a house with friends, F, M and M.

We had an absolute ball and the wedding was fantastic.

The thing I love about weddings, especially when it's a long-time friends is the reunion of people you haven't seen in ages.

I now seem to be able to get myself into the frame of mind, where I just focus on the event and enjoy it, rather than dwelling on all the people around me who are either pregnant or cooing over their babies. Somehow I've realised that I want to look back and have happy memories of these things and not remember being morose and bitter. Not that I'm not bitter, quite the opposite, but something kicks in, or kicks me into being happy.

I lugged all my medications down in my puregon bag with an ice brick and plonked it in the fridge. No one seemed to think twice, because I got it out several times to take vitamins. Incredible.

Home now and tired, as usual.

Oh and it looks like D's appointment with the famous Urologist is on tomorrow too ...

4 Comments:

At December 04, 2005 11:11 pm , Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm glad the cycle is progressing nicely.

Shifting focus, I know exactly what you mean. I've been feeling down for the last year. And it does me absolutely no good. It won't help me reach my goal either, on the contrary.

This might sound morbid, but recently I've been thinking it might help if I thought about death more often. In the sense that life is short and I shouldn't let IF take all my joy.
Maybe I should get a memento mori painting for my living room.

If you're an optimist, carpe diem is probably more up your alley.

 
At December 05, 2005 5:02 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the follicles are going strong and you've got good numbers.
How wonderful that you're able to focus on the joy at such gatherings. I would imagine it makes such a difference.
I hope D's appointment with the urologist goes well - keep us posted.

 
At December 05, 2005 10:52 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Follicle growth sounds promising, and I'm impressed with your sanguine approach to the wedding. Hoping that everything continues looking good this week.

 
At December 05, 2005 4:52 pm , Blogger MC said...

Good luck with the pick up. I'm on Wednesday.

I went to my cousin's wedding a few weeks ago and did exactly the same thing. I enjoyed myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home