IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Decision Made

Well it looks like the decision has been made for us.

I rang the hospital to find out about their Christmas closures. They shut for 2 weeks over the break and they have to plan all cycles leading up to and after Christmas with this in mind.

In turns out that October 30th is the cut off, anyone starting a period after that has to wait until next year.

So since we’ve already hit the Medicare Safety Net for the year we are better to take advantage now, rather than pay the full fees early next year.

The instruction pack is in the mail.

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2005 4:16 am , Blogger Thalia said...

I wish all decisions got made for me. Um. Not really I guess. But good for you having this one made. Now all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed for two months...

 
At October 29, 2005 12:40 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Sometimes it's nice to feel like decisions are being made for you. Can take the pressure off. I'll be rooting for you!

 
At October 30, 2005 4:39 am , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Yippee! Lets get this show on the road.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home