IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Kicked Off

Well I've officially kicked off this cycle.

I've been taking provera for the last 6 days, started sniffin' synarel and had my blood test to confirm that this cycle was yet another negative.

Oooh joy the acidic, metallic taste of synarel dripping down the back of my throat at 6am in the morning.

I got to see CFG today and there was no one else looming around. We chatted about what schools she sending her kids too, and she advised me to have a girl - her daughter is not as hard work as her son.

All this allowed me to work up the courage to tell her I thought I might take a break from the herbal teas and only take the supplements for egg quality and acupuncture. Of course, I'd stressed myself out about this conversation, but she completely agreed 'take a break'.

We decided that once I get to the transfer stage (fingers crossed), then I'll start taking the teas again.

D has new a new liver tonic from his new MF-CFG and he's not going to take his teas either (well for the moment).

I had an extended acupuncture session today, and actually managed to fall asleep. I got the works, a needle for headache, needles for sleeplessness and some extra on my feet for I don't remember what.

I left the Fertility House with a lightness I hadn't felt in a long time, and at a price I could afford $58! This is the lowest bill I have ever had.

I think I calculated we will save somewhere around $150 a week by cutting out the teas.

I can't shake the feeling that this cycle will end just like all the others, but before we make other decisions I think we have to give this another shot.

Tomorrow I get to head off to far north queensland and take a break from work, and get relaxed before the business end of this cycle. I just checked the temperatures and it looks like it'll be 31 - 32 degrees for the next week. YAY!

Since this blog is a secret from D, I'll have to sneak away to the internet cafe down the road to check in and write another post.

7 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 6:46 am , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Sparkle, you have my Synarel sympathies! Nasty, nasty, vile stuff.

Enjoy your trip! Oh, and it looks like you should put Word verification on your settings to deter the spammers.

 
At November 16, 2005 6:59 am , Blogger MC said...

Synarel dripping down the back of my throat as I type this. I think it's adding to the pill nausea.

I wish I was in QLD as well, doing nothing on a beach. Have a great holiday.

 
At November 16, 2005 9:03 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Enjoy your break.

 
At November 16, 2005 9:21 am , Blogger OvaGirl said...

That sounds great, CFGs can be very expensive indeed. Have a good break.

 
At November 16, 2005 9:40 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot of money. Whatever it takes, I guess, right? Sounds like you've come up with a good plan, though, with the breaks (from teas & work!) and all.

I hope the trip does you some good. We'll be thinking about you.

 
At November 16, 2005 1:08 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneaky girl - blogging secretly! Just teasing, mine might as well be secret for all the interest J shows.
I'm sorry you're not feeling all that optimistic for the next cycle - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this is the one that works.
Enjoy your break - I hope its restorative for you.

 
At November 22, 2005 1:36 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're making me glad I got to take buserelin instead. I hope you're busy having a good break.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home