IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Busy... busy

Keeping busy here in th' city ...

Even so ...

Missed a call first thing this morning ... scientist ringing to tell me everything was good and they'd see me tomorrow early afternoon. Call back if I need to know anything.

Not in a million years am I calling back.

In the park late this afternoon I hear my phone ringing and manage to pick it up just as its gone to voicemail 'unknown caller' READ: SCIENTIST FROM THE LAB

Cold sweats ... life has suddenly gone slo-mo ... flashbacks to last thaw and the call first thing in the morning: EMBRYO ARRESTED.

Breath ... HURRY UP F***** MESSAGE ...

So then ... scientist calling to check that I knew I was coming in tomorrow for my transfer. No further information.

Quickly call clinic - of course - receptionist has already scarpered for the day and the message is switched on.

Now will have to call first thing in the morning.

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2009 12:52 pm , Blogger andi said...

hey there.

good to hear you are back in the thick of it!!

wishing you lots of luck.

 
At February 27, 2009 6:36 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Glad you're still in the running. Fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home