IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back Again

So here we are.

Following our cancelled cycle, following our cancelled cycle, we are now in the midst of an active cycle.

Day 11 - after 8 days progy*nova and a few weeks of syna*rel, yesterday morning I had a scan. Lining 'perfect' translated to: 9C I *think* she said. So 9mm and the triple stripe??

Yesterday afternoon I was told transfer would be Thursday.

I checked with the nurse - 'we're not thawing all remaining embryos and going for blast are we?'
'No, that would have had to have been discussed and agreed upon'.
'Good'

Yep that's the decision we made - thaw one at a time. I'd have to be put in a medically-induced coma to get thru thawing all three and seeing what happens going to blast.

I have no idea when they thaw the first one ... I'm trying not to think about it.

5 Comments:

At February 24, 2009 2:54 pm , Blogger Leslee said...

How exciting! I'll be thinking of you and your embryos on Thursday!

Leslee
babyattheend

 
At February 25, 2009 3:51 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck good luck good luck! Seems like you've made a very sane thawing decision, and I'm hoping the best for you.

 
At February 25, 2009 6:31 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Thawing one by one, great way to keep the suspense going. :-)
Good luck!

 
At February 25, 2009 1:51 pm , Blogger A n T said...

Here from LFCA: Good luck with your upcoming FET. Hope all goes well with the thaw.

 
At February 26, 2009 3:11 am , Blogger George said...

Saw your news on LFCA...I'll be doing an FET in April...good luck with your ET...I'm saying baby prayers for ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home