IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Sixes and Sevens

Here's my lists from my tagging.

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Have a family – this could be listed from 1 thru to 7!
2. Get a Cat & a Dog – need a backyard first
3. Travel to China – loved going to Vietnam a couple of years ago, would love to see to China.
4. Set up and run my own business
5. Have a garden and grow herbs
6. Live by the sea
7. Learn to drive

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Drive – embarrassing I know, had driving lessons when I was 16, but lost my confidence after a near crash.
2. Ski
3. Sew
4. Climb a tall ladder – unbelievable fear of heights
5. Make pavlova … yet!
6. Great stretch blow dry
7. French manicure

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:
1. Blue eyes
2. Height – he’s tall
3. Intelligence
4. Creativity – he’s a writer
5. Since we’ve been married he’s learnt how to cook
6. Tells me everyday ‘I love you with all my heart’
7. Infectious laugh

Seven things I say most often:
1. My angel …. Nickname D and I use to each other
2. Can you help me? D calls it my common refrain as a way of prompting him!
3. That’s that job done! Yet another prompt for D
4. I’ve got to knock off early today … [at work when I have yet another appointment]
5. I’m exhausted – fertility drugs, early morning blood tests and ultra sounds
6. Yes we want a family, no we don't know when (familiar lies)
7. Congratulations [Hollywood smile] - to the many people who have gotten pregnant while we have been trying

Seven books or series I love:
1. Alias Grace – Margaret Atwood
2. Balzac & the Chinese Seamstress – Dai Sijie
3. The Little Friend – Donna Tartt
4. All Jane Austin novels
5. Aubrey/Maturin Series – Patrick O’Brian
6. Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
7. Glass Oracle – Judith Merkle-Riley

Seven movies I watch over and over again
1. Queen Margot
2. Aliens
3. Drugstore Cowboy
4. Cactus Flower
5. Black Hawk Down
6. The Secret of Roan Inish
7. Meet the Parents

BTW, looks like I have the beginnings of my period starting ...

2 Comments:

At December 23, 2005 2:21 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the movie Queen Margot - I saw it ages ago! Thank you for reminding me of - now I want to see it again.
As for the starting of your period - I hope that's not what it is. Do you have a beta coming up?
I'm thinking of you.

 
At December 24, 2005 9:53 am , Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am still hanging in here with you, Sparkle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home