IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Next Step

So we begin again, our next cycle - a supposed back-to-back FET.

Our schedule has me back on the bcp until the 8th April, then start sniffing.

Call the clinic on my Day 1. bleed, then start progy*nova 3xdaily. Ultrasound 10/11 days later.

So we'll be looking at a late-April transfer.

My current state of thinking is to thaw the remaining 2 embryos and depending on how that goes put them both back. With the way things have gone, I cannot see both sticking, but, we may have a miracle one stick. I can't imagine going thru another transfer, it not working, and then have everything hinging on one 3-cell embryo.

I'm worried about what to do next. I'm a Plan B. girl. I have none.

Do I start looking for another donor now? Do I review all overseas options? Or do I let go the iron-clad control I feel the need to have and just see what happens with this next transfer THEN worry?

I remember receiving a few disapproving comments when we started planning to grow our family a year ago. It threw me a little, because anyone that has been on this journey knows that there are no guarantees. Unfortunately I'm proof of that yet again. I'm not sure but is there a term that goes passed secondary, third or fourth levels of infertility?

3 Comments:

At March 19, 2009 11:58 pm , Blogger three minute palaver said...

I would just wait and see what happens with the next transfer but you are a plan B girl, so I think you should do that and also everything you can to feel sane, in control and like all bases are covered (including researching the possibility of using other donors etal). & I hope you catch a lucky break soon.

 
At March 20, 2009 7:19 am , Blogger Lut C. said...

Haha, are you kidding! I was just musing today whether we shouldn't start looking into adoption. Adoption!!! (Probably because I watched the movie 'Juno' this weekend)
That's not even a plan B, but a plan D, I think.

Not having a plan B ready is disturbing, I know. There's no quick fix.

Hopefully, you won't need one.

 
At March 20, 2009 9:05 am , Blogger Thalia said...

I agree putting both the remaining ones back is a good option. And then it's worth thinking of other options. I don't know what the right answer will be but I know you are not ready to give up trying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home