IF and the City

I used to feel sad when I watched the episodes with Charlotte failing over and over again while trying to get pregnant. Little did I know that my own attempts would lead me on the same sad journey. We've now passed 4 years in the trenches. 6 failed IVF/ICSI cycles = nothing. Time for something new - donor eggs. Success at last. Now for round 2.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm the Crappest

I think I'm the crappest blogger of all time.

Mostly because I can't seem to get the hang of the software. This is the third attempt I've made at starting one - the other two I cancelled because they seem to get 'lost'. Also, because I put such a stupid title on this one, whenever I blog on, the IVF seems to scream around the whole office, so I have to quickly minimise in case all my workmates see.

I think I also enjoy reading everyone else's so much I now suffer from performance anxiety, but there's nothing really for me to worry about, because in the blogger world you're only as good as your comments and between all three I've elicited nil, and can't see that changing.

Here's the next problem, it takes me so long to write what I have to say I get worn out.

I have so many concerns with infertility that it's almost too overwhelming to know where to start - best make it the beginning, but I'm so far down the track I have to fast backwards and forwards to get thru it all.

Right now, we're in the middle of a natural cycle. I've decided with our CFG that we'll skip between the two - natural cycles and IVF. If it was up to my husband D, we'd to back to back with IVF. But, as anyone knows who's been thru IVF, the difficult part is the logistics. Lying to work and everyone else around you gets tired quickly, and when you've had to take the sick days and invent the 'minor surgery' excuses so many times it wears you down.

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2005 4:07 pm , Blogger OvaGirl said...

Hey ace, thankyou for your comments on my blog! Have now found yours.

Don't worry about the blogging and keeping up to date. I had started writing stuff separately beore I started my blog so there was a lot of cutting and pasting. But really just go day by day as you can and one day you'll feel the need to do a "way back when we started" type blog. I think going backwards and forwards is the best way anyway.


That would be hard to blog at work with ivf in big letters...can you try one of the blogger templates with smaller fonts maybe?

Take care and good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home